We are looking for fiction which is bold and daring.
Fiction which is experimental, rebellious and dreamy.
An unusual style or voice really grabs our attention.
We have similar guidelines to other online fiction magazines:
- Word count for flash fiction is up to 1000 words
- Word count for short stories is up to 3000 words
- Word count for a poem is no more than one page of A4
- You can enter up to three flash fiction pieces, one short story or five poems at once
- Work must not have been published electronically or in print
- Simultaneous submissions are now welcome
- Please double space your work and use Arial point 12
- Please put all your fiction or poems into one document
- Attach your submission in a Word document to the email. Work pasted into the body of the email or attached in PDF will be rejected unread. Please also attach a 50-word third person biography in a Word document in Arial 12. One or two links to your author website and/or social media profile is encouraged
- The email address is: email@example.com
- The Editor is Jo Simmonds (she/her)
- Please put SUBMISSION in the subject field of the email. If you don’t, your email will not be flagged and may be mistaken for a withdrawn entry
- If withdrawing your submission please write a separate email with WITHDRAWAL in capital letters in the subject field
Other things to remember:
- Only query your submission if we have not responded after two months. Our response time aim is four weeks maximum
- There may be a delay of up to two months before you see your work on the site if it is accepted
- Please let us know if you have a Twitter account (even if your reach/interaction/use is limited) so we can help you promote your work on publication
- Work from marginalised writers (LGBTQ+, disabled, BAME) will be given extra attention with no guarantee of publication. Let us know in your email
- Your chance of being accepted will increase if you read the website
- Unfortunately we cannot provide feedback due to time restraints. If you want a paragraph of feedback please go to the ‘Tip Jar’ page and donate at least $10. Please enter the word ‘donation’ at the very top of your email to receive feedback
- We may not be able to amend your work post publication. Any errors reproduced on the site from your submission are your responsibility as we cannot be sure if errors are intentional or genuine
- All rights revert to the author after publication
- After publication or rejection please do not submit work for four weeks. Work submitted within four weeks will automatically be rejected unread
- We do not review short story or poetry books. This may change in the future, so do check back
- We are not funded so we do not pay for work
- If you want to know more about what the editor is looking for please take a look at the May 2018 Duotrope editor interview here or the February 2018 interview by Zero Flash here or the ‘Six Questions For…’ blog post published in March 2017.